My friend Jim made this video for me for the Dreamascream Halloween Costume Giveaway.
One of the ways to enter the contest is to make a Halloween video on Viddler.com, which can be anything from a kids Halloween parade, a homemade Halloween horror movie, or a video of you telling a Halloween joke. In other words it does not need to be anything fancy. Just make sure you tag the video Dreamascream, and put a link to Dreamascream in the comments.
Viddler is a cool site for posting these videos, because you can use either a webcam or any camera that makes movies.
So head on over to Viddler and get your Halloween video entry in for the Dreamascream Halloween Costume Giveaway.
|This is the badge for the Dreamascream Halloween Costume Giveaway, which can be used by other sites.|
|This is a badge that can be used by other sites to link to Dreamascream|
Today is the day of the BlogCatalog Bloggers Unite Against Abuse. 1000+ Bloggers from all over the globe are blogging about various aspects of abuse. Some of the topics include:
- Child Abuse
- Animal/pet abuse
- Elderly Abuse
- Environmental Abuse
- Political abuse
- Domestic Abuse
This blog since it is a Halloween blog is going to be blogging about child abuse. The post represents my opinions, and is not based on fact. I also use a tremendous amount of hypothetical situations.
Stop Child Abuse
What exactly is Child Abuse?
- Emotional abuse- this can include terrorizing of children to outright neglect or abandonment. Far more difficult to ascertain in many respects, because it does not often leave any outward signs. Also what may be emotional abuse to one person, may be a form of discipline by another. I do feel it is a really important type of abuse that needs to be considered, because emotional pain is often far worse than physical pain, and often times last much longer, and also affects the children when they become adults.
- Physical abuse-Often times physical abuse and emotional abuse go hand in hand, but not always. One may use physical abuse to control or it maybe a direct result of the emotional abuse. But in other instances, emotional and physical abuse do not go hand in hand. Physical abuse is the more serious of the two because it can often lead to a defenseless child being killed.
- Say a parent is driving their car, and the child is in the front or back seat not belted in or using an appropriate car seat and an accident occurs. I would consider this to be physical abuse.
- Back to the subject of Halloween, your child decides to wear a costume that is way to big for him or her, and proceeds to go out on Hallows eve and has an accident that involves an emergency room visit. It was a preventable accident. See our Halloween Safety tips post for tips to a safe Halloween.
- Sexual Abuse- in many parts of the world to include the US, children are often sold into a life of prostitution or are forced to participate in the sex trades by making movies or other forms of pornography. I am not going to go into any detail here, but please be aware it does exist. Further reading on the subject can be found in the links below.
Suffice it to say, Child Abuse is a serious problem that exists in all levels of our society and in many different ways. Below you will find posts of some bloggers that participated in the Blogging Against Abuse Blogging event that had the subject of Child abuse as their topic. This is not an all inclusive list, so if I missed any of the child abuse blogs, please drop me a line and I will add you to the list.
- Blogging For Hope. Reduce Abuse For Our Children’s Sakes.
- Cure forAids -Rape a child Myth – the shocking truth!
- Blogging for Hope – Child Abuse
- Blog Against Abuse: The Breaking of a Child
- Child Molestation affects siblings, too
- Dear Mommy-Lets Stop Child Abandonment
- Stop Child Molestation! Stop Child Abuse!
- Stop the Abuse. Blogging for a Cause …
- Child Abuse – A Heinous Crime
I went to bed last night and realized I forgot to write a Halloween Costume Giveaway update post, but fortunately or unfortunately as the case may be, there were no new blog submissions for the contest, so I did not fail to give anyone a link that entered.
Halloween Contest Promotional Activities
Here is what I was doing yesterday.
I got notification that Screamdream was added to FuelMyblog, and I just added the FuelMyblog widget to the sidebar. I also inquired about sponsoring a similiar contest on FuelMyblog. No reply as of yet.
|Joined blogging against abuse or signed up to do an abuse post, which will be the post that follows this post. The Blogcatalog blogging event is an event where bloggers agree to post about abuse. What type of abuse is determined by the blog owners. I will be doing a post on this blog about Child Abuse.|
- Created a Twitter Account and proceeded to modify my Twitter profile.
- Created a Viddler account and actually contacted Viddler about submitting the contest, I did not put a video on Viddler yet, because I really dislike my voice. I have a buddy who I swear sounds like a newscaster who I will be getting to make a video about the contest, hopefully this will be happening on Friday.
- I had a buddy who was responsible for this blog Digg the contest here is the Digg Halloween Contest link if you would like to Digg it too…please.
- I was also on Bumpzee a bit yesterday…seems like the greater percentage of visits are from Bumpzee vs Mybloglog and Blogcatalog.
- Started to edit the Halloween Links or resources post inorder to numerate it, but I decided my efforts could better be spent elsewere. I may get back to the numeration of the Halloween links at another time.
Today, I will be answering emails, and maybe checking out a few other blogs, but it should be a pretty low key day once I finish the Child Abuse post.
I started several new online communities today, and joined about a dozen more.
Created a Bumpzee account, and joined about a half dozen communities on BumpZee. Sent about a good dozen private messages on Bumpzee and had quite a bit of good response. I also was pretty active on Mybloglog today, having left private messages on a number of profiles. I joined JohnChow’s community on Mybloglog, as well as JohnCow’s and John From SmartwealthRich’s community as well. I will join more communities and chat with more bloggers tomorrow. I joined FuelMyBlog.com, and will be putting the widget in the sidebar upon acceptance.
No new blog entries today, but the contest is just getting started. We had well over 100 page views yesterday, and today it seems like we will have even more.
I will be updating the blog about the Dreamascream’s Annual Halloween Costume Giveaway on a daily basis, and will be giving links to those blogs that enter in those daily updates.
Well for today, I got to go, but if any readers would like to offer any tips for running a contest or would like to just say hello, please leave a comment.